Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thoughts from Whitney-Encounter

Hi Everyone! We just got back from our Furnace spring retreat: Encounter. God really opened my eyes to a lot. He made me realize true happiness only comes through Him, and the longer I go on trying to find my own way through life, the more unhappy I will become.

This past weekend taught me that I have to make an EVERY day commitment, not just a day or a week or a month or a year, but an EVERY day commitment to Him. Every day I tell God I am His, and I am committed to following His will. I find I am learning more everyday about Him with this commitment I am choosing to make daily. Although the commitment I have made this past week is a hard one, I know that His all-powerful will is all I need. No matter where He places me in the world, I will find joy and happiness.

No comments: