Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thoughts from Cassie- Glory

The other day I was sitting in a prayer meeting and quietly singing along with the band. I was singing quite contentedly when I realized what the words were. They were, “Let your glory fall.” I thought struck me, what is glory? Not just any glory, but what is God’s glory? How can it fall? How can we give Him glory? Just some food for thought.

I looked up glory at dictionary.com and it really cleared it up for me, check it out http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/glory. It appears glory is also another word for beauty or splendor. I also looked up verses on glory and my favorite was:

2 Corinthians 3:17-18
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes fro the Lord who is the Spirit.

Bless you and may you discover the glory of God this week!

No comments: