Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thoughts from Tiffany- Mission

So over the past week God has been speaking to me through many different sources about my Mission in life, and how important it is. In our class on Leadership Management we are reading a book called Jesus On Leadership. In this book I have learned a lot about what a true leader looks and lives like. In Principle 5 “Take up the Towel” there were some things he said that jumped out to me. He said:

“When one becomes servant to the mission, that mission becomes the resolve (stead fast purpose) that is the basis of strong leadership during critical times.”

“Leaders falter in the face of challenge when they don’t have or fully understand the mission”

This struck me and really got me thinking about my mission in Life. Then we went to our Furnace spring retreat (Encounter) over this weekend. On Saturday we spent 1 ½ mapping and writing out our mission statement through a series of questions having to do with our passions and core values. It really helps to clarify what I should have my focus on in everyday life, and keeps my mind on God’s plans for me and not my own. I would encourage you to sit down and map out your missions statement to help direct your focus in life to God and His plans for you.

No comments: