Friday, January 18, 2008

Thoughts from Curtis-Real Faith

I was reading Psalm 27:2 “When the wicked come against me to eat my flesh my enemies and foes they stumble and fell. Though an army may encamp against me, my heat shall not fear; though war mat rise against me. In this I will be confident.”

I think that is a major declaration of how much David had faith in God and not man. I, for a long time, was really fickle with my relationship with God; on good days I would read my bible (and enjoy it). I was really in to worship and prayer and just felt good inside. But on bad days… it was really hard to come to the conclusion that God loved and cared about me.

As I read this the biggest part I see is we can’t let external elements determine our internal praise to God. You have to know in you heart that you will serve God in the good and bad times. Jesus never said it would be easy for us to live a life fully devoted to the pursuit of God. We know that there will be bumps in the road, but it's not about how many times you're hit; it's about how, when you get hit, if you are going to move forward and onward or back off.

I know this will not be a walk in the park, but if we put our trust in God, we can rest knowing greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. We will overcome, and it does not matter what happens to us now. We will still be found in desperate pursuit of God.

1 comment:

David Perkins said...

Way to go Curtis! This is great..