Friday, January 25, 2008

Thoughts from Aimee- Trust

Growing up in a Christian home I always thought that I trusted God in every area of my life. I am slowly learning how untrue a statement that is. Whether it is a lack of money, a question about my future, or even a tragic event, I cannot comprehend how much my life is being revolutionized by the idea of trusting God.

Before this year, my life was stable. I knew what I would be doing the next year, that there was enough money to provide for my needs, and though there were at times tragedies, the negative effects were short-lived. Never before have I had to so fully rely on God. I have been utterly terrified by the thought that I am not in control of my life. Not having control goes against everything in my nature. I am a planner and a fixer, and for the first time in my life, I am not able to figure out how things in my life will work.

Fortunately for me, even with a somewhat chaotic life and unplanned future, I have a God who is faithful and mighty. God has promised I can trust in Him because He has an awesome plan for my life. God is not going to call me and then abandon me. I am on God’s side and He is going to guide me and take care of me.

Psalm 112:7-8 says:
He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD. His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.
My prayer is that my heart would be steadfast, trusting in the Lord no matter what my circumstances are. Life may not turn out the way I expect but God is faithful and trustworthy. There is no need to fear.

No comments: