Friday, December 7, 2007

Thoughts from Tiffany

Hey guys!

I just wanted to share some things God’s been speaking to me during my alone time with God. I have been reading John because I just really want to know God’s Character not just in my mind, but in the deepest parts of my heart, and to understand how I am to live in this world, Considering He is to be our example.
So I was reading John 10:2-3 “The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of His Sheep. The watchman opens the gate for Him, and the sheep listen to His voice..”
As I have been thinking about this and studying it as well as Isaiah 62:6-7 I have really been challenged and convicted both at the same time. A watchman in the Old Testament was a person who would stay up all day/night and if there was any coming danger would sound the trumpet as a warning Eze 3:17.., (a guard, to keep). They also have the job of opening the doors for non threatening visitors allowing them to come into their city for food and safety.

As I have been reading this, God says that we are watchmen over our generation, I believe one of our jobs is to open the doors (gates) for God to come and transform our generation, we do that through our prayer and worship (intersession). We must see the weightiness that our prayers hold in the Kingdom of Heaven (James 5:16b Amp—the earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]. “ . I believe just as in Isaiah 56:10 “or the leaders of my people-the Lord's watchmen, his shepherds-are blind to every danger. They are like silent watchdogs that give no warning when danger comes. They love to lie around, sleeping and dreaming.”
This seems to be the condition of the majority of our generation. God is calling us to a higher level of accountability on how we spend our time in this world and what we invest ourselves in. We are to be the kind of watchmen described in Isaiah 62:6-7 “I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth.”
We are God’s hands, and voice in this earth so let us do it right!

No comments: