Friday, December 7, 2007

Thoughts from Cassie

My year in DI (so far) has been one of the best years of my life! I have grown so much in the last few months, in EVERY area. I cannot believe that yesterday, I ran/walked just about three miles, when in high school I was the girl that always volunteered to hold the stop watch while everyone else ran the mile.

Last night we had an acoustic prayer meeting that was fantastic. I wish everyone in the world could have been there to see the twinkling lights of Colorado Springs and listen to Joe Couch and the band, the simple beauty of it made my heart so glad. God has been so good to me this week. I am continually learning that my own strength falls short of God’s plan for me every day. This is the sweetest lesson to learn because when you reach the end of yourself, then you find God and when you rely on his strength, you will never grow tired and always have joy to spare. God bless!


Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
In him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
My heart exults,
And with my song I give thanks to him

No comments: