Friday, December 21, 2007

Thoughts from Kelly

I've never been through these waters, never played a part in such a battle. My body fails me but my spirit keeps advancing. The days leading up to December 9 were life-changing ones for me. My eyes were completely opened to the spiritual realm and the phrase "spiritual warfare" became a living reality in my life. Coincidence? I believe not!

God revealed to me something most Christians choose to ignore or pretend its not there at all. The battles I was fighting equipped me for the events that happened that tragic Sunday. We have a very real enemy whose only purpose is to steal, kill, and destroy. For the most part, this is done in the spiritual aspect. However, there are times when spiritual battles spill over into the physical realm. This is what I believe occurred. These days have not been easy, but a single phrase remains fixed in my mind: love only God, let Him equip you for battle, then fight with all God's put within you! Destroy the enemy!!

No comments: