Friday, December 7, 2007

Thoughts from Aly

The Lord has been revealing to me the importance of waiting on Him. Just recently, I spent the night at the World Prayer Center. From 8pm to 8am, I waited on the Lord and interceded for this generation. He taught me the importance of relying on Him for my strength as I struggled to stay awake and focused. He showed me that when I was so busy trying to do all the things I thought would please Him, but in reality He just wanted me to wait on Him and soak in His presence. Since spending that night with Him, I have had considerable more strength and a deeper hunger for His presence.

“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.”
Psalm 27:14


As I wait for the Lord I find my strength. I don’t find it when I am busy doing things for Him. I don’t find it when I am striving and straining to please Him. Even in worship, if my heart is not waiting on Him I find no strength. When I wait on the Lord, my strength is renewed. My strength is found when I am quiet. When I recognize that He is big and I am not, and when I sit and wait for Him to speak.

No comments: