Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thoughts from Macy

One HUGE thing that God is pressing on me lately is the concept of a genuine and willing heart. God delights so much in us being completely open to whatever or wherever he is calling. I have to admit this is something I have always known, but never put into practice. It wasn’t like I chose to ignore this aspect of Christianity, it’s just I never felt worthy enough to be willing. Last Thursday I was seeking God completely unaware of this whole “Willing Heart” concept when this verse hit me:

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. 26 Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things–and the things that are not–to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God–that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.” 1 Corinthians 1:25-31

From there my heart has been completely bent on making sure I am open and receptive to everything God is telling me to do. More so God has convicted me of my motivation behind doing the things I’m doing.
On Alleli’s last blog she talked about emotion being a byproduct. Going off that, I believe when we do anything without pure intentions it is like vomit to God. This would include things such as fasting, worshipping, and even praying. I made a goal last month not to do anything unless it was with a pure heart with the right motives. Since then I have seen my prayer, fasting, and worship life become deeper than it’s ever been. I want to encourage everyone to really go with the right heart when they come before Jesus. He recognizes and sees the willingness to serve, and will take delight in you!

No comments: