Friday, December 7, 2007

Thoughts from Aaron

So, do you ever just sit around and look at your friends and their talents and start to feel a little envious? At times I have to catch myself because I'll drift off into a fantasy world where I can see myself better than everyone else because I have all of their talents combined.

It's fun to play out what life would be like, but I also can't stand it when I do it. Lately God has been telling me "WHO CARES! I made you who you are, why aren't you satisfied?" I am still learning to love my friends for their strong points and to stop being so envious. It takes work, but I don't want to be like them. Then I wouldn't be the awkward little loveable fellow that I am. I love the way I work, I am the original design God made me to be. I love the feeling of being unique, the only one of me. I sense God's love so much more when I realize that even before the heavens and earth were formed, He made me to be different from everyone else...

...besides, who really wants webbed feet? Seriously.

No comments: