Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thoughts from Susan- Giving it up

If there’s anything that I’ve learned in the past 24hours it’s that life likes to kick you when you’re down. Yesterday started out pretty bad and though I was determined to keep a positive perspective, it just seemed that the hits kept on coming. For a while I had the typical woe is me mentality, I was so angry my stable little world was being shaken so fiercely, I wanted to react, to lash out, and to hurt someone as much as I was hurting. In another point in my life I would have gone that route...

Instead this time I chose to give it up to God. I laid it all down, the hurt, the rage, the helplessness and confusion. Even though I couldn't comprehend why any of this was happening, I trusted God was walking with me through this. I know he’s given me the strength to handle this with more wisdom and grace than I ever knew I possessed.


“The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?...I would have lost heart unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait on the Lord” Psalm 27:1 &13-14

1 comment:

Irene said...

Wow, i'm so proud of you. I love watching you grow and how when you're being attacked all day, how you can hold your ground and end up with victory. muah.