Monday, February 11, 2008

Thoughts from Aaron- Kansas

I grew up in the country, on the plains of Kansas. Most people go through Kansas on their way to some place exciting, they look along the highway and see the most boring state there just might be. However, they don't see the side of the Kansas country that I do. I used to go outside in the afternoon and just sit on our hillside during the late summer when the wheat is tall; I would just go out and stare at it. I have only been to the ocean once when I was little, but this was just as good.

When the wind starts blowing through it, the wheat generates waves of texture; the birds diving in and out; it’s quite a spectacular site. The wind would whistle through the trees, and I could start to hear faint songs that feel as if God Himself was singing to me. And when its night, the view is amazing, I can see all the stars plain and clear, it’s so much more beautiful when you see more than just the major constellations. They fill the sky and you can see galaxies themselves. The ocean of wheat still waving with the wind, all of it would bring me an overwhelming sense of peace and comfort.

I love sit and watch and listen to the very creation God made, knowing that He desired me over all of it. This world can seem ugly, filthy, and boring most of the time, but I try to realize what it would be like without all of the industrialization, and constant mutilation we put it through. I like to think of what this world would look like in its original state, at the dawn of creation, the beauty that it was designed to be. Every time I get over-taken by the materials of this world, or I can’t find the beauty in the earth that I stand on; I think about my home. I can see myself on a hill side, staring at the handy work of God, and its helps to bring me back to my senses. It helps me realize that the work of God is far more creative and satisfying than the work of man. It’s good to know I'm in His hands.

No comments: