Friday, February 22, 2008

Thoughts from Kelly- Battling Contentment

Being content has been one of my greatest battles recently. I know God has brought me to a place in life where I am fully alive and happy but I never want to be satisfied with where I am! The only time I want to be satisfied in my walk with Christ is the day I’m with Him in Paradise.
I was strongly convicted during a prayer meeting early this week. The worship leader stopped one song into our corporate worship time and said he thought we needed to stop because we were just going through the motions. My intentional thoughts are not some I’m proud of, I said, “Who does this, I mean honestly, we just started worship!” I answered my own question later though: a godly man does, one who is eager for God to move in His people and is sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
I was lifting my hands in worship and singing because that’s what the normal thing to do is. I lost the passion and fiery love for God and was just going through the motions. My heart wasn’t alive, I wasn’t actually worshipping, I was just doing what felt right.
Since then I’ve been super intentional in my times of worship. I set my heart before God and pray He’ll spark it alive, that it would burn before His throne as something pleasing and holy. I don’t want to worship for the sake of feeling good about myself or because I like the music. I want to be so in love with God I couldn’t help but express my love in return to Him through my worship and my life.

No comments: