Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thoughts from Whitney- Respect


God is really teaching me what respect is. Growing up I made a lot of mistakes, and I never learned how to respect men. Other than my father, I never really respected men period. But I am learning that men just want to be treated like men, and that means respecting them.

I’m also learning that my emotions are a gift from God. God made women to be emotional beings so we can help/connect with others that are hurting. I used to be ashamed that I was like that, but now that I know it’s a gift, I am proud. There are going to be things in life that only a man can do, as well as there will be things that only women can do.

We have to be content with who we are, and be pleased with how God has created us. Embrace his love, and you will find yourself learning to love yourself just the way you are.

No comments: