Thursday, February 7, 2008

Thoughts from Tiffany- Awakening

At the end of December 6 of us went to One Thing at Bardle Hall in MO and I was captivated by the passion in the leaders and the body of believers there. It was so encouraging to me and made the passions in my heart for the Body of Christ even stronger and even clearer. Like I mentioned at our class today, my passion for around 1 year now has been to help usher in an awakening in the Church, although now over the last 6 months it seems to have become more urgent in my spirit. This passion and urgency was burned deeper into my heart while I was there and my understanding of our position in the awakening in the church as well.

Corey Russell’s teaching at One Thing really brought more understanding of the blindness of the Church and how much more serious it is. He was also talking about our inheritance as God’s sons and daughters to, first and foremost, be in a place of intimacy with God that surpasses all we have known. It is this that we need to fight for, that the Church would be awakened to see their inheritance in Christ, and be completely free from the entanglements of this world. My heart has been stirred to a greater level to fast and pray for the Bride of Christ to also have a revelation in who She is, and to stand firm in that Bridal Identity to Usher in the Coming of the Kingdom of God.

Lou Engle was talking about the judgments to come because of the innocent blood we have shed of over 50 million babies killed from abortion, saying their blood cries out louder than that of Abel. During the Call, I was captured by the seriousness of the sin we have allowed in our nation and the blindness much of the world has toward these issues. Lou said “Abortion is not a political issue it is a Kingdom issue” , I had not thought of it in that way separating it like that although I knew (to the best of my ability) it was something that grieves the heart of God . As the Call went on, I continued to be awakened to see the true light of my life here on earth and finding that “I” don’t matter but it is all about Christ receiving the reward of His suffering. So I find it easier to lose myself to gain the joy of giving it all to glorify Christ…

No comments: