Friday, April 25, 2008

Thoughts from Kelly- Trusting

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.”- Psalm 28:7

Have you ever felt helpless, stuck in an unchangeable situation? I’ve recently come to a time in my life like this, but unlike any other time, I actually came out enjoying it. It’s weird, I know. I recently heard a message about living a broken life before God, no matter what your circumstances are. It’s in this state of brokenness when you can come before God absolutely desperate for Him, knowing that He is the only one that can fix it, that can put the pieces together for you.
This message was so timely for me. Early this week I came to a spot where I just stopped and asked myself: what is my life about, what’s my purpose, my vision? In all actuality I have no clue and that’s finally okay!! I am an achiever by nature, so I feel like that I have to have a plan, some course of action in order to be successful. However, God is totally shaking me in this. Can I not be content to just be living in His will?? Do I have to live up to the standard my flesh yells at me, or can I rest in God??
By no means do I believe I have passed this obstacle and conquered these questions, but I do know that the spirit of God inside of me has become stronger than my flesh these past few days and I have found myself completely broken in the presence of God, but living in a greater joy, each day better than the last. While truly relying on God, I have myself trusting Him and being filled in every way I could ever need. It’s from this goodness that my heart can “leap for joy” and I can live a fulfilling life.

No comments: