Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Thoughts from Cassie- Submitting Control

My life has been a crazy haze of business lately, but I can’t say I’m the only DI that feels this way. We are all working hard, getting ready for furnace banquet, getting ready for our missions trip to Africa, and finally getting ready for this thing we have been working on all year called DESPERTION ’08 COUNTING ON GOD! I have been especially busy lately due to a lot of pressure concerning my future and my family who lives here in Colorado Springs.
A huge thing God has been teaching me through it all, especially tour, is how to find rest and peace when everything around you seems to be pulling you at light speed. When a storm hits, it is human nature to sink your fingernails into anything stable to keep yourself from flying away. But Jesus himself is a prime example that the opposite course of action is the one we are called to take. Jesus prays in Matthew while kneeling face to face with the biggest trial he ever faced, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.” And with those words released control of his life to God’s all knowing will.
It is the hardest thing to do, I think the most difficult decision Jesus faced, submitting his life in that way. This is the same decision we as Christian’s are called to every day. The words I hear in my ear every time I feel my heart beating fast with panic, or start clutching for something to hold on to “Let go and let Me be God” are the most terrifying and the most comforting. So what do I do in the mean time? Worship. In worship I have found peace, comfort, release, and most importantly an expression of my faith, my belief that God really is in control, He really does love me, He really is good.

No comments: