Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thoughts from Curtis- Foundations

I used to work in Construction work when I lived in Arizona, and I loved it. One thing I noticed while working one day was the foundation. The foundation is the most important part of building a house; you can not build on the foundation if it is not properly constructed. Everything depends on the foundation and how it was made.

A few things I have noticed is that if your foundation is not properly constructed, the inspector will not allow you to continue on with the construction of the building. I believe this symbolizes if you do not build a foundation right you will not grow. Its like the parable that tell about the seed that fell on bad ground. All of the seeds were the same...the only descriminating factor that changed was the foundation that the seed fell on. That determined the outcome of the crop.

I believe if our foundation is built on lies or misconceptions of who God is and how we are called to live, then there will be no growth. In order to have growth, we need our foundation to be in God and God alone. He is the only one we can fully trust and be certain that when the storms come we will stand on God, the solid rock and foundation, and not be moved.

No comments: