Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Thoughts from Whitney- It's not over

“The World will keep spinning even if you think your life is over” One thing I have learned over the years is throughout all the stresses/issues of life and at the times when it feels like your world is over, everyone keeps on keeping on…the world keeps spinning.

So it is at those times when you have to rely on God; turn to him through all troubles. The times when you are at your lowest are the times when God wants to mold you. God desires our hearts to be broken, because in brokenness is when God has the power to mold us into what he wants us to be.

This year has been hard, at times I didn’t feel God, and at other times I was overwhelmed by the Holy Spirit and all I could do was fall to my knees, lift up my hands and cry out to him. When I speak to God I don’t use fancy words, actually most of it is mumbling because there is no word in the English language that can give God the justice he deserves. There is a worship song I love, I can't remember what it is called but one of the lines is “and I'll let my words be few” I believe that we as Americans think that we have to have the right words to say to God for him to be “impressed with us” but NO that’s not true at all, try letting your words be few, and God will fill you with his words.
God gave me a vision this morning during prayer time for Desperation, it was of a jar that at one point in life was full of water, but throughout the troubles of life and throughout all the enemies schemes that have prevailed in our lives our jar has next to nothing of water in it. there is only a tiny bit at the bottom, and that tiny bit isn’t even us fighting for God, but it is God fighting for us, it is the part of our heart that God still dwells in, even though we have turned out backs on him. But throughout the weekend/week/month/years Gods love is going to begin to overflow our jar, not just fill it, but OVERFLOW it!! So Consider it pure joy my Brothers, and Sisters, He is coming!!! Our Redeemer is alive!

No comments: